Eggplant Dip - Baba Ganoush
We LOVE Baba Ganoush and the "eggplant-dip" recipe found here at Simply Recipes is super simple and very delicious.
- large eggplants, sliced in 1/4-inch slices
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 (32 ounce) jar good marinara sauce
- 1 (2 lb) container part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 lb part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 -2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Preheat Oven to 350F
- Oil 2 large baking sheets and place eggplant slices on pans. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spray with olive oil cooking spray. Bake 350F for 15 minutes until soft and tender. Cool slightly for easier handling.
- Grate half of the mozzarella cheese. Slice the rest in thin slices and reserve.
- Combine the Ricotta cheese, grated mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, beaten egg, parsley and sugar.
- In large lasagna pan place 1/3 of sauce to coat bottom of pan. Layer eggplant slices on top of sauce to cover pan. Cover with 1/2 cheese mixture and cover with more sauce.
- Repeat eggplant, cheese mixture sauce. Top with more eggplant slices and cover top with more sauce. Lay slices of mozzarella on top and sprinkle additional grated Parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake in 350F oven for 30-35 minutes.